Everyone pays attention to a home’s exterior first. That’s why you should care for your siding and ensure it contributes to your home’s curb appeal. It looks unpleasant when your siding is damaged or discolored. So, once your siding shows signs of damage, address the issue immediately.
You might be wondering what approach is right for your damaged siding. Here are some tips on when you should repair or replace damaged siding.
When to Repair
- If there are little chips and cracks in your siding material – particularly in a small area or on a single panel – you may be able to fix them quickly and easily. If the cracking is more widespread, you may need to replace one siding panel. This is technically a repair, so it shouldn’t cost much.
- A single loose siding panel may indicate the need for basic siding repairs. Loose panels can be caused by a variety of factors, including improper installation and high winds. Fortunately, with the help of a professional, this problem can be easily resolved.
- Much like cracks, minor dents can be easily repaired. This usually necessitates the replacement of a panel and should not be a cause for concern.
When to Replace
You might need to replace your siding if it requires frequent repairs. If your home’s exterior is severely damaged, replacing the siding could be more cost-effective than repairing it. Make sure to hire a reliable siding contractor to inspect your damaged siding and install a new one.
- Water damage is often the cause of bubbles beneath the surface of your siding. Water is trapped in these bubbles, and ignoring them will only result in additional siding damage. In situations like this, replacing your siding is the best option.
- It is impossible to restore rotten siding. Make sure to check for fading as well since this indicates your siding is no longer waterproof and must be replaced.
- If you find yourself frequently repainting, cleaning and repairing your siding, it might be time to replace it. Excessive upkeep means your siding is in poor shape; that’s why it needs more frequent attention.
When it comes to siding and residential or commercial roofing, A1 Siding & Roofing can take care of your project. Call us at (603) 627-7339, or fill out our contact form to schedule an appointment. We serve clients in Manchester, NH, and other nearby areas.